[T3] Brake Line grommet

Soren Jacobsen snj at blef.org
Fri Jul 27 23:43:05 PDT 2018

On 07/26 13:32, Jim Adney wrote:

> Just cut your old line into 3 pieces, remove them, and measure them.
> Add a couple inches for good measure. It will go in easily. The hard
> part is dealing with the Tee at the rear. It's just very close
> quarters.

This is one of the few things I'm actually excited to do when I finish
my floor pan repair (which is taking FOREVER).  Super easy job when
you've got the body off! ;)

Regarding grommets, I've been...unbothered... by the split grommets up
front.  They're easy to install and the ones I used seem to fit quite
well.  They were genuine VW and I've installed them in both my Variant
and my Bug.

The rears ( http://blef.org/vw/t3/rearbrakelinegrommet.jpg ) have been
more of a thorn in my...rear.  I reused mine because none of the usual
suppliers had anything.  I see now that they were used for hood release
cables on some later VWs (Rabbits and such).  Pics on the web look
appropriate, so that's encouraging.  Might have to take the plunge and
order a couple!

Earlier it was mentioned that Bug metal lines are too short for our
cars.  If you're not making your own lines (like the OP is), the thing
to do is buy a Bus line (211611741K).  They're long enough for a type 3.

Soren