[T3] Brake Line grommet

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Jul 28 10:35:22 PDT 2018

On 27 Jul 2018 at 23:43, Soren Jacobsen wrote:

> Regarding grommets, I've been...unbothered... by the split grommets up
> front.  They're easy to install and the ones I used seem to fit quite
> well.

Thanks for the confirmation. I've got several of those and wondered if they
actually fit. I don't see the split as a problem, but I was concerned that they
weren't the right size for the hole in the pan.

> Earlier it was mentioned that Bug metal lines are too short for our
> cars.  If you're not making your own lines (like the OP is), the thing
> to do is buy a Bus line (211611741K).  They're long enough for a type 3.

Aren't the bus ones a bit too long? I make them from CuNi in just the right
length for easy installation. They're a bit pricey, but they're a LOT easier to
bend into the right shape than getting them done in stainless.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org