[T3] I posted a question about the HE pipes yet is is in the July 14th thread.

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Jul 28 10:35:22 PDT 2018

On 27 Jul 2018 at 17:27, William Jahn wrote:

> Does anyone know what a good HE  pipe OD is.

I don't have anything here that's completely rust free, but from various things
I can measure, it looks like it must be ~34 mm.

> Also thought I had two old crush seals on the j pipes they are the mesh
> crap.

I was also disapppointed when I saw that the old style seals had been
discontinued. I assume that was because they must have had asbestos in
them, so getting rid of them was necessary.

OTOH, I've had good luck with the metal mesh ones, and looking back at it, I
suspect they could be smeared with muffler cement and work even better.
That's what I'll do next time.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org