[T3] Super beetle with flat windshield

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Jul 29 15:16:24 PDT 2018

On 29 Jul 2018 at 21:27, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> The one we have is my brothers. ItTMs a 71 standard flat windshield and
> dose not have elephant foot tail lights.  Since you brought this car up I
> do have a type 3 question to tie into the car. I have intergraded some T3
> parts I have into this bug like a steering wheel and e-brake handle were
> different from the original type 1 parts but interchanged and we like the
> way the T3 parts looked. I have some extra type 3 trailing arms with the
> drums and backing plates still with them. WeTMre thinking about adding a
> few more CCs and HPs to the engine when we start going back together.
> ITMd like to upgrade the brakes by a front disk conversion. Instead of a
> rear disk brake conversion ITMve heard that the bigger type 3 rear brakes
> are a cheaper upgrade as opposed to going rear disk. Anyone done this?

Doing a Beetle front drum to Ghia front disk conversion should be
straightforward, since that's what most of those kits were made to do.

Not sure, but a Beetle rear drum to Type 3 rear drum should be just as easy.
I think all you would need to swap are the backing plates, wheel cylinders,
drums, and hubs.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org