[T3] Question on fuel leak today .

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 10:57:34 PDT 2018

Since my cold start valve does not leak I'll just get another hose and
connect it back up. Since my car was getting such lousy MPG I was told
forget by whom to remove the line and plug it . I know some use that line
for a gauge connect and I couldn't get at the clamp on the cold start valve
so I just cut it which was my mistake. I can't say I trust R7 grade fuel
hose in the engine compartment yet I think auto zone has ethanol rated
hose. I don't check the fuel pressure at all other than a few times since I
got this car and last time was after replacing the fuel pump to a 2 port
one. It didn't change and I didn't expect it to, the pump has nothing to do
with it directly.

 Yes I was lucky I was in a parking lot . even then I was not sure right
away what the no start issue was until I saw the fuel dripping . Beside
that it being so hot and humid here standing out in the blazing sun was no
picnic or was the idiot with his 5000 watt car stereo system cranked up to
10 .