[T3] I posted a question about the HE pipes yet is is in the July 14th thread.

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 17:27:12 PDT 2018

I checked the OD of the empi j pipes 1 3/8" - that's near 35 mm. Does
anyone know what a good HE  pipe OD is. I picked up two 1 1/2" HD muffler
clamps since the OD of the empi header where it fits over the HE pipe and
it's 1 1/2" yet the true clamp ID is 1/8" over even though they claim other
wise. I recall standard clamps used to fit well.

  Looks like I'll need to use the VW clamps after all. Also thought I had
two old crush seals on the j pipes they are the mesh crap.
I still feel there's more issues with an exhaust leak than fumes entering
the heater system.  Wouldn't there exist either different back pressure on
cyl 1 & 2 than 3 & 4. I ask because the erratic idle miss I spoke of was
not present until I removed the j pipes which had no leak

William

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>