[T3] FYI: First Tech Session Today

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Jun 16 04:37:44 PDT 2018

Rather than repeat the FI tech session that I've given every
Invasion, I'm doing something different this year. I'm tired of doing
the same thing each time, and some of you are probably tired of
hearing it.

Instead, I'm going to do a session on maintenance, with an emphasis
on things that we tend to overlook. Much of this will apply to every
year, but I'm going to cover a lot of things that apply to '68-73,
especially FI cars.

The last half of the session I hope to cover things that I've done
that apply specifically to any '71 to keep the unique '71 ignition
switch alive. Some of this is going to seem rather commercial,
because it will cover things that I make and sell kits for, to fix
weaknesses in the original VW designs.

To make this session as interactive as possible, I hope we can gather
around my orange '71 Square for this session. That way everyone can
see what I'm talking about. I don't know if the Invasion site will
allow this, but I hope I can park somewhere in shade that will make
this comfortable for us.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org