[T3] Had a GREAT time

Dorough, Don CIV, NPPSC N3/PSD Pensacola don.dorough at navy.mil
Mon Jun 18 06:48:19 PDT 2018

Thanks you to everybody who had a hand in putting on such a great Invasion!

This was my first one and I wish I had my Fastback there!  When I got home on Sunday evening, the first thing I did was hop in my '70 Fastback (with no glass or interior in it except for the driver's seat) and crank it up and drive it around the block!!  LOL   I made a promise to her that I would give her more of my time!

A HUGE thanks to Marion and Peg for hosting!  The dinner on Thursday at your beautiful house/shop was delicious!  You went out of your way to make sure everybody was having a great time ALL weekend!

Thanks to John and Jim (and your better halves) for all the organization and coordination!  I don't have any other Invasion's to compare it to, but I'd say everything ran pretty smoothly!

It was nice to meet everybody and to make some new "Type 3" friends!   The atmosphere at the Invasion was totally different from any other VW car show or event I've ever been too.  Very relaxing and enjoyable!  Just a bunch of likeminded individuals, getting together to share their love and knowledge of these rare and beautiful cars.

Have a great VW day,

Don Dorough
Pensacola, FL