[T3] Home to the Shop

Tim Shreve type3tim at cox.net
Tue Jun 19 16:14:13 PDT 2018

Made it back into home around noon today. 1536 miles round trip. Approx 1500 with car on the tow dolly. 258 miles on the car during the invasion. Both rear axle seals gave up on the way in this morning. Will tear down tomorrow and see what has to be dealt with.

On another front:

I did a partial dissection on my failed fuel pump while waiting on my wife (Deb) at the fabric store in Paducah, KY. (Hankcock's of Paducah) From what I could see working off the Expedition's back bumper workbench.....there isn't anything obviously wrong. 🤔🤔

More work on that tomorrow also.

Marion & Peg provided a fantastic event.  So a lot of thanks to them for their planning and hospitality.

Thank you Dennis for coming up with a working fuel pump.  I actually had a fair amount of spare parts with me……but no spare fuel pump.

Another to-do item for tommorrow: document lessons learned about what spares and what tools to carry.

Tim Shreve

OWASSO, OK