[T3] Home Save!

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Jun 19 17:43:16 PDT 2018

Melissa and I made it home today at 2 PM. Our return trip was uneventful,
unlike the 4 hours of diagnosis and 15 minutes of repair that interrumpted
our trip down. As we approached the IL/WI border, we ran into a cool front
that made the last few hours of our drive a bit more endurable. The only rain
we encountered was just a bit of sprinkle near Nashville Sunday afternoon.

We're home now, and the temp outside is ~70 with ~100% humidity. Our
neighbors tell us that the weather here last weekend was about the same as
what we had in AL: mid 90s and steamy. I turned on our window AC to try to
get the humidity down in the house.

Our trip was 1795 miles and consumed 67.14 gal of gas, for an overall fuel
mileage of 26.7 mi/gal, which is better than I expected, especially since I
spent so many miles at or above 70 mi/hr. Not too shabby.

Great to see so many old friends again and to make friends with so many
new ones. We look forward to seeing you all again in 2 years.

Thanks again to Peg and Marion for putting on such a successful Invasion.
You really demonstrated what southern hospitality is all about.

Glad to hear that lots of us have made it home. We've heard from John, Jill,
and Chase, Keith, Knowles, and Tim. Nice save, Knowles & Keith! I assume
Scott, Dave & Gail are home, too, and will pipe up soon. Lance and Marty, I
await your story on why the Yellow Rose won't keep running.

Of course this leaves us wondering about the next Invasion and whether I'll
be able to tempt Melissa to go again. That will depend on the destination
and the weather.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org