[T3] Pictures and Facebook page?

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Mon Jun 25 13:19:01 PDT 2018

 I at least got to see the photo's of all the type 3's at this invasion as
well as some of the people of whom I only knew the names . Some really nice
cars many with a lot of work went into.

 As far as Facebook , I joined once in 2009 and all sorts of people I used
to know many decades ago climbed out of the woodwork , I ran screaming into
the woods . There were only a few I wanted to connect with again mostly from
garage bands I knew in the 60's in IL . I was in a few bands on guitar.

 I joined Samba in 2009 looking for info simply because the Bentley I have
now all worn does not cover /answer many questions I had yet I was able to
rebuild my engine and auto trans using it. It along with a Haynes book I
bought in 85 when I got my Yellow 73 SB . I bought this car off the used car
lot at a small Ford Dealership I worked at the time and the owner was nice
enough to let me use one stall of the 4 I used to work in to basically
rebuild and paint this car . I had everything apart and back then you could
get just about every part even from the few VW dealers that were still left
here. Didn't care for yellow and it had some small dents and the rear bumper
was bent to hell as was the rear apron U-Haul across the street had a 72
auto trans and gave it to me so I was able to use some parts like the rear
bumper and wiper arms .

 Been a long time. The new side moldings I got didn't last long parking in
the street where I later worked , then in June 2012 a red light runner
caught my right front bumper guard and his ins paid to fix that yet even
though I used a body show I knew in the early 80's did a half ass job after
all the times I helped them out through the years. I know what was not done
well most people wouldn't notice so I don't dwell or look to close . Then in
2015 some jerk bashed in the left rear fender in a parking lot right behind
the door got a good used fender still hanging in the garage a toilet plunger
pulled most of it out so I live with it .

 I just try the best I can to keep it running and hope I can afford to go
over the brakes . They work yet it's been years since I did any work on them
. I did replace the front pads and was surprised the calipers do not stick .
It at least has no rust since it's always been in southern Calif. I got new
runner short hoses since for whatever reason the old ones are oil soaked and
don't want to remove the runners and deal with intake gaskets . Bentley does
state you can remove the IAD without taking off the runners . I never tried
and it looks possible yet not easy . Maybe the trick is to leave the rear
IAD bracket in place and just remove the one bolt under the IAD because the
long bolt in the case looks like it may hit the oil cooler before it comes
out and I have it in the proper way nut on the right side as far as Bentley
shows. When I rebuilt in in 97 somehow I put the two cooler bolts with the
nuts on the bottom and can't recall if I just did it like it was on the old
engine or forgot and already had the cylinders on . When I did the rebuilt I
had to do it in steps and I could afford to get the bearings and
reconditioned rods (the case) then the cylinders and pistons then the heads
. I needed to use the tin off the old case and I recall the super cool tins
under the cylinders were missing on the 72 case I used . perhapes I got
ahead of myself with the focus on those and forgot to install the cooler
bolts. Really doesn't matter  now.

 It was nice to see all the great T-3's I rarley see one around here any
longer.

 If anyone wants 2 fuel pumps I have a 72 which is only good for parts since
the 72 system was full of rust and the one off my 73 which runs and pumps
yet has an issue of a soon to fail check valve . Both for shipping only . I
just put a modern 2 port pump on 6 months ago and don't need these. You can
also have the fuel filter bracket .

 I didn't get this car because of what it was I just needed something that
didn't drink fuel and only paid $650 for it.