[T3] Brake Lights...

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Mar 2 08:01:02 PST 2018

Forwarded from John Jonic:

 Just thought....uh...I didn't mark the switches from my old, now-replaced,
master cylinder...so, one of the switches in my collection must be a dud. Any
way to test?...except by taking out and putting back every damn switch I
have?  That is...putting the known bad one back in, then testing all the
others in the other switch hole?

Also...in my hallway downstairs, had two old master cylinders which I was
going to try before opting for your Rebuild.   Had a switch in hand which fit
easily into all the portholes hand tight.   But if two of those portholes are
smaller, and if the larger ones are supposed to be for the switches....what's
that mean?   How'd this elec switch fit so well into all holes, even the
"smaller" hard-line portholes?   Maybe my "collection" of cylinders/switches
is from years before they changed hole sizes?   Anything to learn from
markings on the master cyl?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org