[T3] 2018 Type 3 Invasion

Marion McDonald mmmpwm at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 24 10:41:40 PDT 2018

2018 Type 3 Invasion Hotel and Event Information.  I would greatly
appreciate if Invaders would take care of these tasks as soon as possible.

Hotel reservations:  I encourage all Invaders who plan to stay in the host
hotel to make their reservations as quickly as possible.  Twenty rooms were
initially blocked off by the hotel for the Invasion.  Currently,
reservations have been made for 15 rooms.  At this point I can acquire more
rooms, if needed, above the original 20, but this may be a problem as we get
closer to the Invasion date.  This hotel is generally heavily booked by
business people throughout the year, so there may come a time when no
additional rooms are available.  The best way to make reservations is via
the link on the Invasion website.  If the reservations are done quickly, I
will have more leverage to block off more rooms.  Cabins at Jackson County
Park are also still available to rent.

Early Bird Gathering at our Home on Thursday, June 14, 2018:  For planning
purposes, although there is no cost involved, I need a headcount of the
number of Invaders who plan to attend this activity.  Please communicate by
text message at 256-242-4239 or by the email address below with your name
and the total number of participants in your party.

Friday Cruise to VW Factory:  There will a catered box lunch during this
event, so I also need a tentative headcount.  I will develop a final
headcount on Thursday and the morning of the cruise, but the caterer will
need an estimate on Thursday.  I will collect funds for this on Thursday,
Friday morning, and at the VW factory.  The final exact cost has not been
determined, but it will probably be in the neighborhood of $10 per person.

Please provide text message or email with your name and the total number of
participants in your party.

Saturday Night Invasion Dinner:  The deadline for making reservations and
receipt of the funds for the dinner is June 8, 2018.  Please make your
reservations as soon as possible to facilitate the planning process.  The
cost is $20 per adult, $10 for children age 12 and under.  Payment can be
made with PayPal through my email address or by mailing a check payable to
me to PO Box 378, Section, Alabama 35771.  If you need to cancel your
reservation, I will promptly refund your funds.

If you have any questions, please communicate with me by text message or
email.

Marion McDonald

2018 Type 3 Invasion Host

PO Box 378