[T3] Thermostats?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Mar 27 15:49:59 PDT 2018

OE style thermostats have been a problem for the entire aircooled VW
community, since they seem to have a limited life and the OE style is no
longer available. I've been meaning to see if I could rebuild them, but I need
some dead ones to play with.

If you have any dead ones, contact me directly and I may be willing to pay
shipping to get them here. I only need ones that are not physically damaged,
which means no major dents and no obviously cracked bellows. There will
be a bonus if I can get a few from just one person.

There are 2 styles: those with 15 convolutions, and those with many fewer.
At this time I'm mostly interested in the 15 convolution versions, which
should be marked 65-70 C.

Email me personally if you have some to donate.

thanks,

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org