[T3] Wisconsin Invasion Caravan

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed May 2 15:51:57 PDT 2018

We're only a month and a half away from the Invasion, so I guess it's time to
suggest a caravan from our part of the world.

I'll be driving from south central Wisconsin, almost straight south, thru Illinois
and the western tails of Kentucky and Tennessee into Alabama. On the way,
we can pick up Invaders from WI, IL, MO, AR, KY, and TN. From Madison to
the Invasion looks to be just over 12 hours of driving, which should break
down into 2 easy days. I plan to leave on Wednesday, June 13 and arrive in
plenty of time for the Thursday opening evening festivities.

I've asked Melissa to see if there is something interesting for us to visit in
western Kentucky or Tennesee on our first night. I'm thinking of a small
brewery or distillery. (We did a mini bourbon tour in Kentucky a year ago
and that turned out to be extremely interesting. Unfortunately, the real
bourbon area is east of where we will pass thru.)

If you're likely to join our caravan, please reply to me or to this list so I can
get an idea of who we're meeting, and where and when. It's time to get this
planned.

Getting there is half the fun.  ;-)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org