[T3] Brake Light switch

Daniel K. Du Vall dduvall at 1peter4-10.org
Mon May 14 10:46:59 PDT 2018

Hello I am adding in a mechanical brake light switch into my 72 Squareback. Looking at the wiring diagram I believe I need to tap into the Black and the Red/Black that go to the T3 triple cable connector. Is this correct I don't want to cause any strangeness with the system so want to leave the current in place.

FYI: the current pressure switches are failed and I never liked how slow to react they are when they do work. People now days never pay attention to the fact that you slowing down even though the brake lights are not yet engaged.

Thanks,
Daniel Du Vall