[T3] type3-vwtype3.org Digest, Vol 92, Issue 15

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Fri May 25 04:18:18 PDT 2018

That would have to drain through the rear fender drains, which are only
pressings in the fender, and do get blocked with mud and debris over time.
Something to poke out regularly when you do the door bottom drains - which
of course you do regularly.
What do you mean, you want to get more than 10 years use from your
Volkswagen?    ;-)

I'm not a fan of cutting holes in a roof either. When the rain froze in the
Golf 3 sunroof drains and was the last area to thaw, it flooded into the
inside, knocked out the alarm sensor, which can't be set any more, and
lifted the lining fabric on the headlining panel.  I hate sunroofs too!

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club