[T3] Batteries.

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Nov 16 07:16:26 PST 2018

On 5 Jul 2018 at 13:32, William J wrote:

>  I checked for a parasitic draw and found 5 mA , isolated it between the
> battery + red/white lead to the voltage reg B+ I removed the other
> red/white to fuse box off reg B+  during test . It's not much of a drain
> and I can only determin it's the Bosch electronic regulator

I finally got around to checking this with some of the new style Bosch solid
state voltage regulators that I have here in stock. I found one to draw 0.54
mA and a second one to draw 0.57 mA. That's with a battery that's sitting
with ~12.6 V on it.

That appears to be by design, and it's not much. It's probably less than the
self discharge rate of the battery. At that rate, it would take more than a year
to drain 5 AHr out of the battery.

I can't explain why the current I measure is only ~10% of what William
measures.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org