[T3] New Mystery

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 09:58:24 PDT 2018

re/ 71 Sqbk. manual:
   A few weeks ago car wouldn't go.  Found right rear hub splines were worn away, probably due to unnoticed loose bolts around the axle boot.  Found a spare hub, put it in, and all was well.
   BUT...why wouldn't the car go via the LEFT side wheel?  Aren't wheels on BOTH sides turned by the trans?  Haven't checked but...it's probably that the left hub is shot too...and that I've been driving, without symptoms, with only one wheel, the right one, pushing the car.
  If that's the case, I don't think I have another spare hub.  Where to find one these days?   I'll start searching, but....any advice is welcome.

  But my brother raised a point.  What if this is about "posi-traction"...where the two rear wheels can be somehow separate...not both pushing the car together?  Never heard of that.    Might that apply here?   I know that when car is up on jack, left rear won't turn when car is in gear...so, that must tell us something.