[T3] "Built" Transmissions

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sun Sep 30 19:16:31 PDT 2018

The engine I have in Hothe now is a build tranny from Rancho "Freeway flier"

When I first got it, it sang so loud and obnoxiously that it could have
auditioned for the TODAY show.

I sent it back, they were happy to take care of it.

I put it back in with the 2056 this year and its MUCH better, but I still
get alot of gear whine.  I was always

of the opinion that nobody builds these like the Germans and spends the time
to get them as quiet as they did

but should I be worried about the gear whine?  Or is that Normal for a built
unit?

Those with built units out there, are they all much noisier than stock?

Keith

Topnotch Restorations

topnotch at nycap.rr.com

http://www.topnotchresto.com

71 Squareback  "Hothe"
65 Notchback  "El Baja Rojo"

93 RX7  "Redstur"

95 Chrysler Cirrus Lxi "Cirfogsalot"

"hanging out at the tail end of the bell

curve, and loving every minute of it!"