[T3] test drive hat trick

David Yaghoubian goob at roadrunner.com
Mon Apr 15 03:59:44 PDT 2019

So following my test drive yesterday I can say with confidence that the
three issues I was working on seem to have finally been addressed:

1.	The K&N replacement for the Brazilian dual carb air cleaner is two
millimeters shorter than the original Logan (the specs for both suggested it
was the opposite) hence I cut out a matching circle of ~2mm rubber to line
the bottom before putting in the filter and it's now snug and otherwise
perfect. I would strongly recommend this solution to anyone still running
this setup or that has one on the shelf that they want to use.
2.	The excessive oil in the filter/carbs as a result of the CB breather
plumbing has been solved by simply swapping the existing lines. (Duh...I
should have noticed this many years ago. Oh well)
3.	The lingering vapor lock issue seems to have been finally solved by
the phenolic spacers. After a decade and a half with this issue I will wait
for a 100+ degree day and 10 min heat sink before concluding it has been
solved for sure, but I think it should be good to go. =)

Thanks again all for your responses and suggestions!

Cheers,

Dave

68 sqbk

---