[T3] "Ring Nut Retainer"

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sun Apr 21 10:31:38 PDT 2019

Is it like a large version of the escutcheon our dash switches have, or the breather nut?  I don't know the official name for that, or the spanner /wrench needed.  Sorry.

UK VW Type 3 and 4 Club.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Gary Forsmo" <gbforsmo at gmail.com>
Sent: ‎21/‎04/‎2019 16:11
To: "type3-vwtype3.org at lists.vwtype3.org" <type3-vwtype3.org at lists.vwtype3.org>
Subject: [T3] "Ring Nut Retainer"

This may be an appropriate question for Dave Hall ... or others.

I have a portion of an assembly of a machine that has, what I call a "ring
nut". It's ~1-1/2" Dia. X 1/4" thick.  The ring has external threads and
two small indentations on the face at 12 and 6 o'clock.

I need an adjustable, "spanner-type wrench" for removal.

Dave ... you may know the proper name for this "ring nut" and the tool
that's used to remove it, since you're familiar with "spanners"


Gary "Frito" - '69 Squareback, FI, MT, One-owner
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.vwtype3.org/pipermail/type3-vwtype3.org/attachments/20190421/d5e62429/attachment.html>
VWType3.Org mailing list - type3 at vwtype3.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options, visit:
If you need more help, contact: gregm at vwtype3.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.vwtype3.org/pipermail/type3-vwtype3.org/attachments/20190421/5de55341/attachment.html>

More information about the type3-vwtype3.org mailing list