[T3] Capacitive Discharge Ignitions

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 10:03:53 PDT 2019

Jim -

In previous discussions with you, you didn't mention in your recent post, 2
other issues.

1.)  Physical location of the C.D.I. hardware.  Since you told me that the
hardware is NOT waterproof, the "box", though small, can't be mounted under
the engine cover.  It must be located in the dry cargo area.

That may present a (minor) consideration with wires, when tipping the rear
seat back upright and down flat and loading cargo in the Squareback.  Maybe
the Fastback & Notchback, too.

2.)  I believe you told me that the C.D.I. box also emits a high-pitch tone.

In my case & and as I age, that becomes less of a problem. My
Orthlaryngologist tells me my ability to hear high frequency tones are
disappering, anyway.  :-)

The benefits of installing a C.D.I. system probably outweighs the
"downsides".

--
Gary "Frito" - '69 Squareback, FI, MT, One-owner
Rockport, TX (winter)