[T3] 2020 Type 3 Invasion!

David Yaghoubian goob at roadrunner.com
Mon Apr 1 20:06:19 PDT 2019

Hi Bob,

That totally makes sense that if the mechanical pump had a lock condition (definitely my issue since a dump of cold water instantly does the trick... you can HEAR it) the electric pump couldn't push through. Hence, I am going to do the same: remove the rod, take the pump out of the fuel loop, and install an electric).

So my next questions are:
1) Did you install it up front under the tank, or somewhere in the rear? My square was originally fuel injected, and I removed the old pump myself. Mount this in the original spot? I bet my old wires are still there even. Hmmm.
2) What unit and PSI did you use? I happen to have one of these Facet 87SV's (4-5.5 psi) NIB that I bought for an Onan generator a decade ago and never ended up using. Will this work?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-12V-FACET-SOLID-FUEL-PUMP-KIT-4-5-5PSI-ALL-CARBURETED-ENGINES-FACET-476087E/401666883785?hash=item5d853640c9:g:A2AAAOSwALpcHUeU&frcectupt=true
3) Re. the electrical connection, 12v straight from the battery with a relay to ignition? Use my old wires if I can identify them?

I am running a dual Solex setup on a 1776. The thought of being able to confidently start my square again without having to go to the trunk for the WBS (Water Bottle of Shame) after almost 15 years is exciting! =)

Thanks,

Dave