[T3] I'm a bit confused as to why unplugging this IAD temp sensor clears things up.

David rdavid at rochester.rr.com
Wed Apr 3 06:28:53 PDT 2019

[[[If you're still trying to use a '72 distributor with your '73 system,
even if you're not using the '72 retard side of the vac can, you might be
better off with your '73 distributor and vac can. (A check of the advance
curves in the Bentley indicates that they are pretty much the same, so it
might be okay)]]]
Hey Jim - as a side note here; if he is using a '72 dist. with a '73 system,
should he leave the distributor retard side port open to let air into the
retard side? My thought is if he plugs this unused retard port, the internal
diaphragm may not move appropriately to the advance side because of a sealed
vacuum condition on the retard side.

Dave Pallo

'72 Square ~ Elwood

Fairport, New York