[T3] using original FI fuel pump wiring for aftermarket pump

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Apr 4 08:25:30 PDT 2019

On 4 Apr 2019 at 2:49, David Yaghoubian wrote:

> I know I removed the brain (this was back in '86 before the T3 list existed
> and I was desperate to solve repeated FI issues) but the relay is surely
> there... wherever that relay is! I will dig into my manuals.

The relay is mounted on the firewall, up and to the left of the steering
column. Leave the FI wiring "as-is" and power the relay coil, via the impact
sensor, from a fuse that turns on with the ignition switch. You'll need to add a
ground wire for the relay coil.

Sounds like the Revolution Electronics sensor would be a good sub for the
impact sensor. It's twice the price but comes with some nice additional
features.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org