[T3] voltage regulators

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Apr 4 14:34:41 PDT 2019

On 4 Apr 2019 at 12:34, DOUGLAS NUNES wrote:

> Hello all!  Is there anyway to test a voltage regulator off the car?  I have two original Bosch voltage regulators from a `73 Fastback but not sure if either work.  Thanks!  Doug ` 73 Fastback "Leilani"

There's probably a way to do this, but I'm sure it requires a couple power
supplies and some meters. For most people, the only real way to do this is to
install it and see how it performs. In most cases, VRs from older cars are
worn out. If they were still good, the would not have been removed.

Keep them as cores, as I still intend to make a solid state unit that I can
install in your old Bosch body. Don't know when I'll get that project ready for
sale.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org