[T3] Capacitive Discharge Ignitions

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Apr 7 10:46:05 PDT 2019

On 5 Apr 2019 at 20:15, Soren Jacobsen wrote:

> I scored a 6V Delta CDI not too long ago.  It was sold to me as working,
> but you know how those things go ;)

Yes, I know EXACTLY how those things go.  ;-p

I have several Mark 10s that I need to test, once I clear out my work queue
that has been neglected due to other problems over this winter. There's a
significant amount of setup time required to do this on my dining room table,
but if you wanted to send me your Mark 10, and a 6 V coil, because I don't
have one, I could do yours at the same time. There would be a charge, but it
wouldn't have to be much if I could do it at the same time as my others.

> Haven't had the courage/motivation to install and test it yet, though.
> It's tough when your car runs perfectly well already -- I just wanted it
> for prolonging point/plug life.

That's their big advantage, plus some advantage in starting under harsh
circumstances, something most of us seldom do with our old cars these
days.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org