[T3] hot startups

David Yaghoubian goob at roadrunner.com
Mon Apr 15 04:11:01 PDT 2019

OK, so it has been so long since I haven't had a vapor lock issue that I
forgot what hot startups after a solid heat soak should be like with a
normally functioning dual carb T3. When I hit the key cold the car starts up
instantaneously without any foot on the gas (chokes are disconnected) before
and after the phenolic spacers. After my test drive with the new spacers in
~85 deg. weather, getting it up to ~185 deg. on the oil temp gauge, and then
letting it sit for ten minutes, it took a few seconds on the key and some
foot on the gas. Normal? Or is this a sign that I might still have
(fuel-related) restart issues when it gets into the triple digits?

---