[T3] Fuel Pump Circuit

Dennis Stiefel dad23boys at live.com
Sat Apr 20 10:58:08 PDT 2019

> Where does that green wire go? It looks much longer than what I expect to
> see. Normally each of those wires would only be about 3" long.
>
> --
> Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org
> Madison, Wisconsin, USA

The end of this wire keeps breaking off that’s why the green wire was added. It’s goes to two black wires that come out of the left rear corner of the engine compartment. Those black wires go into a plastic connection where I connected the other end of that green wire to. According to my DVOM when I turn the ignition switch to the on position it has 12v ground. But it stays grounded until I switch it off. I haven’t tried the start position on the switch to see what I’m getting on this wire.

Dennis