[T3] Uh Oh!

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Apr 24 16:21:07 PDT 2019

The Salvage Hunters: Classic Cars series over here in the UK did a 1971 Fastback resto, with part of it involving slicing 2" lengthwise out of the front bumper, and re-chroming. It cost $$$ to do that and really didn't add much to the look!  It wasn't even a 'first' as a club member did the same to both bumpers about 15 years ago.  The big bumpers from 1970 were needed to reduce panel damage required by USA safety regulations.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club.