[T3] '73 Idle Test

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 11:21:55 PDT 2019

I'll check it out, It's difficult to see the wiring on the starter . Can
see what might be two black wires on #50 yet I could not see where they go
after , I can see what you are taking about about the reverse lights that
makes sense found the auto trans shift switch diagram on samba Bentley only
shows up to 72 yet should be close . I've had that apart years ago and
forgot what it looked like. I do know the wires run along the right side of
the tunnel to and from that switch out under the rear seat can't recall
where they go after . I still cannot figure out why these black wires in
the photo's I sent have continuity to the CSV I didn't unplug that
connector so it might just be finding continuity from another path.

 One thing I have not tried with the TS1 connected since all the work I did
on the runners and vac lines is set the idle to spec with it connected . I
recall something about injector shutoff on decell maybe the 850 RPM in park
with the TPS adjusted proper it's not injecting enough or to much. I know
just opening the throttle is not the same as adjusting the idle air bleed.
all I know it does run fine both temp sensors connected until it warms up
then the erratic miss begins , even at that point the idle in park is
always 850 RPM once I unplug TS1 the idle climbs to 1200 and only drops to
1000 in park until it's been driven and warmed up then in drive in drops to
850 RPM . I do know idle speed needs to be set within spec. I will try that
and see what it does. Since TS1 unplugged richens the mix is why the crappy
MPG .