[T3] Road Test

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sat Aug 31 17:08:41 PDT 2019

and ready for the next invasion!
Driven with care and put away dry, Ahh... the life!

Keith

Subject: [T3] Road Test

It's almost the end of summer and I was getting bummed about being too
busy to get any of my stored Squares out, but an "emergency" with a
problem electric garage door opener forced me to get the orange '71 out of
the garage so I could work on the opener, overhead. That was yesterday, all
day.

Today the garage door opener seems to be working again, but with the
Square already out, we took it for a somewhat distant lunch, just to warm up

the oil and get fresh gas in it. I filled it up before and after, and put 85
miles
on it in between. That worked out to 27.2 mi/gal, which seems perfect for
55-60 mi/hr with occasional slowdowns for Wisconsin small towns.

We're having some very light rain right now, but it should clear up soon, so
won't have to put it away wet.

Nice to know that it's still running well.   ;-)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org