[T3] 73 T-3 generator belt?

Dan Smith dan at lampoluce.com.au
Wed Dec 4 16:01:40 PST 2019

Hi William, I have a 71 notch twin carb, I noticed that a 10x1005mm belt was put on my car and I find that I can only just get it tight enough. I could be wrong but I understand that a shorter belt can be better as it means the generator spins a little faster (as the wide spacing required effectively makes the pulley smaller). I’m almost certain I now have a 10x1000mm belt on.

Hope this helps?