[T3] 73 T-3 generator belt?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Dec 5 13:57:28 PST 2019

On 5 Dec 2019 at 18:34, bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> Why not order up the correct 9.5 by 1000 Continental belt?

Where? I'd love to know where I could buy 9.5 x 1000La belts, but I haven't
seen them anywhere in decades. A Google search didn't find much.
Probably the only site that showed that size appears to be in Finnish. Try
this for a bit of fun. They appear to explain what the La means, but, again,
that's in Finnish, so I'm still in the dark.There's one sentence that says:
"Nominal Length = Outside Length in MM (La)". I'm guessing that the La and Li
are outside and inside lengths, measured in some particular way.

https://asiakas.kotisivukone.com/files/korjakumi.kotisivukone.com/tiedostot/1
10_HIHNAT_kiila-tuuletinhihnat.pdf

Anyone here read Finnish? You'll find 9.5 x 1000La on page 17.

The good news is that our belts last a very long time. I think most of my belts
are originals. In 50 years of driving a Squareback, I've only had one belt
break. In that case, I was still able to drive the 100 miles to home with no
generator. (Daytime: no headlights, no wipers.) Once home, the battery still
had enough umph to restart the engine. YMMV  ;-)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org