[T3] 73 T-3 generator belt?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Dec 6 06:00:20 PST 2019

On 5 Dec 2019 at 14:18, William Jahn wrote:

> 1102419 KIILAHIHNA SPZ-1037 / 9,5 x 1000 mm Li

That's the Li version shown on page 11. You have to scroll down to page 17
to find the La version, which was what our cars came with. There's a
difference in the profile, which you can see at the top of each page, plus I
gather that there's also a small difference in length.

H0951000 TUULET.HIHNA 9.5 x 1000La (950 Li)

In this catalog, this La version is a cogged belt with "raw" edges. Our original
La belts were smooth and fully wrapped, like the Li belts you found on page
11. So it looks like even this source doesn't have exactly the OE style.

It would be interesting to see what ISP is actually selling. My guess is that
it's most likely to be a US belt in an inch size, either the 390 or 395.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org