[T3] 73 square front foot well/defrost cable?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Dec 10 10:33:21 PST 2019

On 9 Dec 2019 at 16:07, William Jahn wrote:

> The plate was silver , both cables were fine in the connector so it must
> be broken between the level and connector. I didn't try to find where.

It's probably broken up near the lever. That wire has to both pull and push,
because there's no return spring at the other end. When things get stiff and
the lever gets forced, that can fold over the wire.Eventually that breaks it.

Did you check to see if the wires were free to move under the plate?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org