[T3] 71 emergency flasher and turn signal help

B Fye vwfye311 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 18:46:36 PST 2019

Hey guys, have a reoccurring issue.  My right side signals will not flash,
though there is enough load on the thermal relay to make it flash the dash
lights.  Left side works as it should.
Also, when I activate the e-flasher, only the left side flashes, if
anything does, and now it is smoking fuses.
I can not find any grouded wires.  I seem to remember that on the 71
everythi g runs through the e-flasher switch.  Will a bad switch cause a
complete amber lamp failure on just one side?
This is really all I have left to deal with on this car.  Any help would be
awesome!