[T3] Plastic headlight lenses

donrob at yachtsales.com donrob at yachtsales.com
Fri Feb 15 13:03:18 PST 2019

There is a simple solution for fogged plastic headlight lenses.  Wet
sand with 600 to 800 paper (this will make the lenses immediately look
much worse) and then clean them thoroughly with wash reducer (a fancy
name for diluted lacquer thinners), then spray them with a clear coat
designed for plastic.

The best such clear coat that I have found is made by Krylon,
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Krylon-Fusion-for-Plastic-Clear-Gloss-Spray-Paint-12-oz-Aerosol-Can/17211109.

This repair takes an hour or so and will normally last about two years
or more before you have to do it again depending on how much
sandblasting they receive from driving on winter roads.

Don Robertson
Oxford Auto Sales
905 566-0000