[T3] More on New Cars...

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 16 19:46:48 PST 2019

Yes....the safety and fuel efficiency details (sloped fronts, etc.), are noticed on newer cars... but...*   What's with sun roofs on so many cars now?*   Where's roof side gutters to which a roof-rack might be attached?*   What's with installed roof racks which make it pretty hard to remove snow, and which most don't need much anyhow?   Plus, don't those integral un-removable roof racks on so many vehicles cause wind drag and extra fuel use?
*  And what's the deal with those...what are they called?...air foil wind deflector flap panel things...that also make it harder to remove snow from roofs/trunks...or even wash the car?*   Is it that with a plethora of Big Cars...for safety as some feel..all that wind deflection and sloped front ends are need to make fuel efficiency a little better?  A smaller car would be more fuel efficient with or without down-sloped front ends.
*  Isn't a smaller car safer by not being such a big target, and easier to move, etc.?*  Dark and dull-colored cars, so popular now, are more difficult to see in the dark...which is not a safety feature.   Plus, how difficult is it to see your bland common-"colored" car in a parking lot?    I can spot my yellow '71 Squareback a mile away.

PS:  Anyone want a '71 yellow T-3?   On the market soon, with a ton of parts besides.   I'm just a tad beyond age for restoring it and all.