[T3] 65 notch brakes

bobsnotch at aol.com bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Feb 22 12:26:49 PST 2019

The bigger question is do you want to keep the wide 5 set up?
I only ask, because it'll be the deciding choice on what you do.
You can get a bolt on wide 5 disc brake set up from ISP for about
500 plus shipping.
Yes, your front end is compatible with later model brakes, but you
have to change the spindles from drum to disc. then decide on either
wide 5 disc, or 4 lug disc.
Yes, you'd need a new dual circuit master cylinder if going to disc
brakes. It's a better set up anyway.
Yes, all type 3s were ball joint, but don't confuse them with ball joint
 bugs, they're not the same.
Yes, see my first answer above.
I don't know, depends on your area, and whether or not you need to
stop a lot. It also comes down to whether or not you can get old
parts easily or not. I can't, so I converted. My 65 is now a 4 lug car.
You can get your brake shoes re-lined thru ISP as well.
You'll have to ask Jim. I know he does master cylinders, and did
some fronts for Pedro, for his T-34.
Hope this helps. Bob