[T3] 73 T-3 SB wiper arm removal ?

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 11:03:35 PST 2019

I don’t recall the last time I hard them off . I tried the right side , removed the nut and rocked it back and forth a d side to side while pulling and it wouldn’t budge.

 The nuts come off easy , a while back both were loose so I tightened them in fear they would come off . I just snug them .

 I know the shaft it tapered and splined and think the arm is aluminum . I can’t say penetrating oil will help since from what I see the threaded shaft fits through the wiper arm bore so any oil would have to seep down the threads and maybe reach the spline.

 I have a small puller I can adapt to possibly fit .
Any suggestions?

 Just to add I wanted to move the right arm up since according to the Bentley it should be higher. Both arms are the same length and shape from what I can find I think  they should be. Also from what I’ve read the blades should be 15” mine are Bosch yet 13 1/2 “ yet this does not present an issue .
 Mainly I wanted to adjust the right arm up and also see it I can lube the bushings. If I recall they had a sort of grease that becomes hard . I have read some add a few drops of oil , thought perhaps I might be able to get some grease worked down in there if I can get the arms off.

 They work fine no noise yet I feel they could move a bit faster. I can feel a bit of side to side play in the shafts and a small amount of up/down. What I really don’t want to do is remove the unit and clean the motor of old grease .

 I have a complete 72 unit minus the seals and covers , My 73 was missing the arms when I got it so I used the 72’s . I had most of the dash apart in 85 including the fresh air box I don’t think I removed the wiper assembly I had no reason to.

William

Sent from Mail for Windows 10