[T3] Still would like info on the wiper arms and blades for a73type 3 .

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 16:31:01 PST 2019

Jim, if I under stand correct then the 73 with stock black arms should have the plain nut with a black plastic cap . All I know is at the time I didn’t know there was any difference in arms , since mine were missing on the 73 when I got it.  I’ll measure the arms off the 72 . If they are longer or shorter than yours that will decide what length blades can be used. The way the are now with the right side parked the blade end is very close to the wind screen seal  about ½” away . I was looking at the Bentley where it shows the height on each blade left end should be above the screens seal , with a longer blade if that space is 1 9/16” per Bentley that would bring a 15” long blade higher than a 13” , it’s not much . I do know my blades don’t come near the top of the wind screen . The Bosch black metal blade frames I have, have  no rust and seem sturdy , yet there is no way a 15” refill would fit. It’s been so long I can’t recall if I bought them or it they were on the 72 , I just know I replaced the refills in 2006 and chief Auto handed me a set and they were far to long and I got the 13” ones which are 13 ½” actual.

                The 72 which had the 2 rail seats that also had large knobs so one could tilt them back and would not fit the 73 . The 72 also had a lever that showed when the door was open forget what it was for. Most of the other parts fit the 73 and the 72  had all black instrument faces the only difference was the clock had more number marks and the fuel gauge had different marks , I think the 73 has the marks on the black face and the 72 were different . The actual gauge was the same.

 When you spoke of plastic blades instead of metal , are they the same type of frame in reinforce plastic or the new single frame that have no extra pivots on the frame yet just a single one piece frame with the blade ?

William.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10