[T3] Still would like info on the wiper arms and blades for a73type 3 .

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Feb 7 18:11:43 PST 2019

On 7 Feb 2019 at 16:37, William Jahn wrote:

> Jbugs  or Cip1 has the 14 and 15 Bosch ones . Auto zone has some as
> well I have no idea if they are good or not . They donTMt list them
> proper they state my 73 takes 16 yet they have a 15 with the same
> hook mount VWTMs use, or rather the plastic adapters. I have no idea why
> no one sells a refill these days.

We should consider ourselves lucky. On our new Golf, VW only sells
the blades complete and in pairs, cost: $50 per pair. The rear wiper
is another $25. I've managed to replace the inserts with standard
Anco parts, but it's a struggle, as the VW part is slightly
undersized in one critical dimension, which makes the inserts I can
buy an extremely tight fit. I get around that by sanding a bit, and
then lubing with some silicone that allows me to force the
replacements into place.

I think the Anco replacements are something like $10/pr.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org