[T3] Front weel bearings

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Jan 23 19:39:49 PST 2019

On 24 Jan 2019 at 1:55, Daniel K. Du Vall wrote:

> Quick question what are the correct front wheel bearings for a 72 squareback?
> I started getting a howling sound yesterday and I feel I will need to replace them ASAP.
> My guess is both are original but ya never know.

I suspect any FLAPS could sell you the right parts; I believe they
are the same as a '72 Beetle. If you can't find them locally, I carry
them. There was a mid year change for the inner bearing in '68, but
everything after that was the same.

You'll also need to replace the grease seal, which I also have.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org