[T3] original FI hose jacketing

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Jul 5 20:14:58 PDT 2019

On 5 Jul 2019 at 19:40, Phil Hof wrote:

> It was braided fuel hose, and the long part of the loop, crossing over
> the engine top from the 3/4 side to the 1/2 side, was jacketed in a
> thick but flexible grey sleeving.

It also covered the short section between #1 and the pressure regulator and
the 1-2 Tee and the Cold Start Valve. I don't remember if it also covered the
bit feeding in to the #3 from the pump. None of it extended forward of the
engine.

There's probably official VW photos out there that show all this.

It also occurs to me that I've always assumed this was vinyl sleeving. It could
be PVC or any number of other possibilities. That might help find something.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org