[T3] Fuel filler.

Brion Sabbatino brionsab at msn.com
Sun Mar 17 16:19:29 PDT 2019

The Squareback has smelled of gas everytime it is fueled up.

The issue is with the fuel filler hose. It appears that there is a short section of hose attached at the fuel tank with a longer hose slipped over it. When it gets to the metal fuel filler pipe the short section is not present. Only some thin rubber under the longer rubber hose which is split. This is where the issue seems to be.

>From what I can find, there should be a short section of hose at both ends.

I would like to replace all of these rubber hoses. ISP West seems to have them. I will order them if this is correct.

At the same time Jim's overflow kit will be installed. The installation was on the to do list for today.

The item I cannot locate is the fuel filler trim grommet attached through the fender.

The condition of it is bad enough that it will destruct when removed. It is dry and cracked. The desert is not kind to rubber or plastic.

I do have one other item I have been searching for. It is the rear passenger side pop out window lock knob. The driver side has one. It is chrome and tightens to hold the window open.

The car is a 1969 Squareback.

On a happy note. The car started right up after sitting for at least six months.

It was decorated for and driven in the St. Patrick's Parade.

Going to put a few miles on it this week.

Brion S.
S. Utah