[T3] Replaced the voltage regulator with a new Bosch 30019 same made in Mexico unit and part number as my old one.

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 14:31:25 PDT 2019

 Before I had a 5 mA draw , now I have a .51 Ma draw . I drove the car today . With the old regulator I would see 14.1 volts @ 2,000 engine RPM now I see 13.97 . Also before the reading of 14.1 was very steady now it rises and falls from 13.92 to 13.97 so it’s not as steady.

 I don’t think this is a real issue , it just makes me wonder why the difference . I checked it with the same DVOM I always use and it used to read a tad about 14 V on the VDO voltmeter now it’s just a tad under the 14 volt mark.

 I even cleaned the VR mounting screws and all the terminal ends on the leads to and from the VR . The red/white wire from the battery positive and the red/white to the fuse box didn’t seem to fit as tight on the VR tabs so perhaps I should have crimped those large female spade connectors down a bit which may of may not be the issue . All I do know is it’s charging and not drawing 5 mA any longer.

William

Sent from Mail for Windows 10