[T3] calibrate fuel gauge

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Mar 24 14:59:15 PDT 2019

On 24 Mar 2019 at 13:12, Michael Fritz wrote:

> I've done it on my 74 Super Beetle. I don't know if it's the same for a
> Type 3. It's been over 20 years, so I'll do my best.
>
> On the back of the gauge, you should see two holes, with what looks like
> sprockets. (They aren't sprockets, but rather levers.) The sprocket
> looking levers can be moved by inserting a small flat tip screw driver,
> and rotating it.

I don't know anything about Beetle gas gauges, and it would seem
reasonable that they would have similar internal construction. But they don't.
There's nothing in our gauges that's available to adjust. I just took one apart
to refresh my memory and I don't find anything that one could adjust.

That's too bad.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org