[T3] Fuel Filler

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Mar 24 14:59:15 PDT 2019

On 24 Mar 2019 at 20:30, Dave Hall wrote:

> What about tinning the neck with solder? Would that work as well? You
> might manage it on the car with a solder gun, or off it with a small flame
> (DEFINITELY NOT on the car!)

That might work.

The braze repair I did was along with replacing the side port for the overflow
hose, where the OE port had rusted away. Since I was already brazing a
replacement nipple into place, I just continued with the same method.

Brass, however, is a LOT harder than soft solder, so it should make for a
much more durable repair.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org